Friday, September 10, 2010

{Couples} Steve & Cynthia

As I mentioned in the sneak peak, this was a fantastically fun session and they are a family I have photographed the most since getting started here. I started with Anna in studio, then the whole family at Derby Reach, then this awesome session and the day after I photographed Cynthia's whole family.

This coming February, Steve & Cynthia are celebrating their tenth wedding anniversary, and what better time to get some couple pictures than a milestone celebration like this? At Steve's request, we found something more industrial than your typical park or field, which proved to be a bit of a challenge finding a place that was not only suitable, but not locked up behind a chain link fence or in use. But we found these two great locations.

Major kudos to both of them - especially to Cynthia - for how they managed to get into places and positions I asked them to. Take note of how high up they are in the cement circle - at least 8' up, with just a small stool. Not sure what was easier - getting up or down. Plus, notice the style of the sleeves on Cynthia's wedding dress and check her out on the train. It's very difficult to climb a ladder when your arms can barely go above your waist! Not to mention the outfit changes - loved the variety!

Thank you guys for allowing me to try some new things, for not hesitating when I asked you to get your passion on, and for the incredible lengths you went through to get the shots we got. This was my favorite shoot to date and I hope you love the results as much as I do. An early Happy 10th Anniversary to you both!

Williams Anniversary-2

Williams Anniversary-7

Williams Anniversary-10

{Cynthia was nervous about balancing on one foot, given the width of where they were standing, but she pulled it off!}
Williams Anniversary-19

{Love the sass!}
Williams Anniversary-25

Williams Anniversary-28

Williams Anniversary-29

{One of my favorites from the day}
Williams Anniversary-42

Williams Anniversary-68

{I know this was used for the sneak peek, but I love it so much, I had to include it again}
Williams Anniversary-43

Williams Anniversary-47

Williams Anniversary-52

{Love}
Williams Anniversary-54

Williams Anniversary-62

{A bit of an 'old' picture look}
Williams Anniversary-66

Williams Anniversary-74


Williams Anniversary-81

Williams Anniversary-84

Williams Anniversary-88

{Seriously - the things they were willing to do!}
Williams Anniversary-91

Williams Anniversary-97

Williams Anniversary-93

Williams Anniversary-106

Williams Anniversary-103

Williams Anniversary-107

Williams Anniversary-113

Williams Anniversary-108

7 comments:

Niki said...

Wow! What great shots, Kelly! They are all gorgeous and creative!

Anonymous said...

Nice location! I love my wedding pics that were done there, except there wasn't as much art on the walls then.

~Melissa

Louise and Gary Chapman said...

My favourite shoot yet! What a gorgeous couple and location. You had a ton of great ideas. I love those huge cement circles. Where is this?

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!

Louise - the cement circles are under Hwy #1 just before the Sumas exit; near the Walmart.

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

Kelly, you did an amazing job! These pictures are gorgeous!

Oh and Cynthia and Steve do look pretty good too! hehehe

Congratulations to all of you on this shoot!

megan edelman photography said...

Totally excellent Kelly! I have seen a few post- wedding shoots with wedding dresses lately - totally love this idea!!! Gorgeous work :)

Carol said...

Amazing photos, Kelly! Really different and fun! Cynthia needs to be congratulated for still fitting into, and looking stunning, in her wedding dress after 10 years!