Thursday, January 31, 2013

{Maternity} Chris & Shereen

I'd like to introduce you to some very special people. My brother-in-law, Chris (that would be my husband's younger brother), his wife, Shereen (fellow Dutchie - yeah!) and my two nieces! Yep, they are expecting twin girls in a few weeks and so I assigned myself to the task of their maternity and newborn sessions. Well, let's face it, I will always be snapping pictures of them as they grow, but these are two special sessions and I told them I was doing them. Well, they had the option of hiring another photographer if they didn't like my work but that I would still be doing them. Thankfully, to my knowledge, they're letting me be the sole photographer.

We went out to see them on a very sunny, blue-skied, cold Saturday. We walked down to Granville Island and then around to Kits Beach. By the time we hit the beach, the sun was nearly down, the wind had picked up and we were half frozen. Huge kudos to Shereen for taking her jacket and gloves off every time I asked, and Chris for taking off his toque and gloves at my every request.

As much as I wish we had more time to fully enjoy the process (and get a few bare belly pictures), I don't think any of us would have enjoyed being that cold for much longer. I love how they turned out and I simply can't wait to meet our new nieces (affectionately named Honey and Racey by our 4-year-old son. It's changed a few times, but these were the most recent names).

C&S-1

C&S-2
{Clearly, I need to spend some time working on my collage sizes as it practically cut out those two pairs of cute Toms!}
C&S-3
{Such a fan of Padraig Cottage booties!}
C&S-4

C&S-5
{Bottom left: I love their casual arm placements...so cute! And bottom right: HA!}
C&S-6

C&S-7

C&S-8

C&S-9

C&S-10

C&S-11

C&S-12

C&S-13

C&S-14

4 comments:

auntie v said...

LOVE these! my brother is so hot :) and shereen-you're beautiful. cannot wait to see those babes!!

Carolyn said...

I love all of these. I think the last one is my favourite, but there were many others that came close. Great job!

Kirsten said...

Such great shots Kelly (and a beautiful couple). We took many of our pregnancy pictures at the same locations. I love those little Toms - too cute.

Carol said...

What great photos, Kelly! She doesn't look that big for expecting twins! How exciting for your whole family!