Thursday, May 31, 2012

{Newborn} Cruz Antony

It is not very often (at all!) that I've had the privilege of doing a newborn session with the couple's first baby. So many of my friends (and referrals) have had their second or subsequent baby, so there is usually at least one toddler running around. I especially loved the peacefulness of this session as a little change from my 'norm.'

Aside from that, this was another basically-family-to-me session, as Jordan is the youngest brother to Corrie (you can see Jord & Vanessa in the ceremony and family pictures). I may have had a bit of an inside scoop as to when Van went into labor and I held back to text her until 12(ish) hours after Cruz was born, to see if I could come and photograph the new family of three.

Seriously, what an awesome session. I have never met such laid back parents as Jord and Van, let alone first-time parents - it was amazing! Van assured me that Cruz would sleep the entire time as he was only 5 days old and, well, that's what newborns do. So we photographed his very sleepy face with his parents for a good while. After a few feedings, he decided to wake up, show his eyes and stay awake while I tried to do some shots of just him. And sometimes, that's just how it goes. It doesn't mean the pictures didn't turn out great, it's just that he was awake for the ones I thought he'd be sleeping for!

Congratulations, Jord & Van - Cruz is amazing, fantastic, super cute and you two are incredible parents already! Can't wait to watch him grow up :)

J&V-1

J&V-2

J&V-3

{Yes! A smile!}
J&V-4

J&V-5

J&V-6

J&V-7

J&V-8

J&V-9

J&V-10

J&V-11

J&V-12

{I love the way Van decorated the nursery!}
J&V-13

J&V-14

J&V-15

J&V-16

J&V-17

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous shots, Kel!

rachel joy said...

congratulations, you guys! {and beautiful photos, Kelly!}

Tara Van Driel said...

ZCruz is the coolest kid EVER!! How is that possible after only 5 days? Maybe because he has the coolest parents ever. My fave newborn shoot you've done yet Kel. :)

Louise Chapman said...

Love the light, nursery and his hair!!
AND:
Congratulations Teacher Vanessa! Love, Kai:)

Jennifer said...

Kelly you are unbelievably talented!! Absolutely amazing!! :)

Carol said...

Great job, Kelly! Love the hair on that cute baby!