Tuesday, August 2, 2011

{Newborn} Cassandra

This session was very special for me because Julie and I go way back. We first met at summer camp when we were 14 (or 16? I'm too old to remember) and worked there for a few years together, building our friendship. Then we went to Bible college. Together. And roomed together. It was a blast and the stories we could tell of each other and that year would take some time, so I'll skip most of them. We did, however, get a few pranks pulled on us, including a couple guys who broke into our room after we'd left to go home for Christmas break, and stuffed sardines in multiple spots in our room. Oh, the stench!

Anyway, Julie announced her first pregnancy to me on my wedding day, so Jake is coming up on 7-years-old. Then there's Katie, who is just a couple of months older than our daughter, at age 5. They had decided they were done having kids, but four years later changed their minds and decided to have one more. Enter this brand-new beauty, Cassandra Grace.

Nate and Julie have lived in Vancouver and North Vancouver for their 10 years of marriage except for a year in the middle, but then just before Cassie was born, they moved much closer to me again due to a business decision. To have them just half an hour away is exciting for me and I look forward to spending more regular time together with her again.

Thank you, Nate & Julie, for asking me to come and capture some time with your new family of five. Cassandra is gorgeous, totally loved and is such a precious gift. Congratulations!

Cassandra-1

Cassandra-2

Cassandra-3

Cassandra-4

Cassandra-5

Cassandra-6

Cassandra-7

Cassandra-8

Cassandra-9

Cassandra-10

Cassandra-11

Cassandra-12

Cassandra-13

No comments: