Saturday, October 30, 2010

{Couples} Don & Marion

This is a bit of a special post because these are my parents! We went on a family vacation to Pender Harbour on the Sunshine Coast after the summer and while I had hoped to do mini sessions with each of my family, the timing of activities and the like only allowed for this one session. And rightly so, they are the head of the family, the reason we were all there, so I was very happy to turn my lens to them.

My parents have been married for 35 years - I know and see that their love gets stronger each year and that they are truly in love. Couple sessions are my favorite so far because it's so easy to direct two adults. Don't get me wrong though, I do love photographing families and kids, there's just more ease and creativity with just adults. And after 35 years, my parents still have a natural spark that made these photos so natural and so them.

Thanks Mom and Dad for hiking down that steep hill to get to the point and let me take pictures of you during the one moment of sunshine all week. Thanks for all you've done for us as a family as a whole and specifically for this wonderful vacation - best EVER! Love you both!

Don & Marion-2

Don & Marion-3

Don & Marion-7

{I had forgotten to tell my mom to wear her wedding rings, so this is her 10th (?) anniversary ring}
Don & Marion-9

Don & Marion-10

Don & Marion-15

Don & Marion-17

Don & Marion-21

Don & Marion-22

{Love these Arbutus trees}
Don & Marion-30

{I'm pretty sure this was the one and only serious picture}
Don & Marion-34

Don & Marion-39

Don & Marion-42

Don & Marion-44

Don & Marion-53

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful photos of your parents, Kelly! Love the rocks and water!

Anneliese said...

So wonderful for your parents to have a personal photographer to capture these beautiful shots. We just celebrated our 35th as well!