Tuesday, August 31, 2010

{Family} Jon, Genny, Lola & Zoey

This was another fun session for me because Genny and I first met through our First Time Mom's group at church, have walked together some, are now in the same Bible Study group together and our girls are finishing up swimming lessons together.

When we first scheduled this session, it was going to be just Genny and the girls as Jon was to be away for work, but last minute it worked out to have him come and I'm so glad it did! It was so fun to watch the girls go from super shy (they had just woken up from a short nap during the drive) to wildly outgoing. The level of comfort came pretty quick, but also meant a lot of running from the camera. However, the girls had their superstar moments and definitely rocked some great shots.

This was also my first session at Campbell Valley Park and it's just so beautiful there. I have been there before with my family, but it was so great seeing it in the perfect evening sunlight hour with this beautiful family. We ran into one of my photography mentors from GC Photography, and more than the pleasantness of seeing her, it proved to be a huge blessing near the end of our session...keep looking and reading to hear the story!

Thanks Jon & Genny for meeting up with me last week - it was such an enjoyable evening with you four!

Avila-3

{I can't remember what they were staring at so intently, but it's cute!}
Avila-4

Avila-14

Avila-20

Avila-30

{I hope you guys don't mind that I posted a kissing picture - it's so cute, and I love the flower you're holding, Genny}
Avila-40

Avila-41

{Aren't these girls just gorgeous with their long hair and blue eyes?}
Avila-45

Avila-46

{I love the variety of buildings in this location}
Avila-48

{Definitely a favorite!}
Avila-52

{See Genny's beautiful wedding rings on the window sill here? Well, we continued on with our pictures while they stayed put. As we were walking away, the other group getting photos done spotted them and asked if they belonged to one of us. HELLO GRATITUDE! And a mental note to self to never forget a client's rings anywhere!}
Avila-62

Avila-67

{I seem to photograph a lot of people with amazing eyes}
Avila-69

Avila-71

Avila-80

Avila-93

Avila-97

Avila-102

Avila-103

3 comments:

Feona said...

Oooh I love the grasses in these photos! It makes me want to switch locations for our shoot! I'm going to google map it. :>) Great job Kelly!

Carol said...

I really like the photo that you featured in your "sneak peak"! I imagine you will learn something from every session you do - the ring lesson is an important one! Glad it had a happy ending!

Louise Chapman said...

Great lighting in the long grass at the very end! AND, I totally know what you mean about photographing beautiful eyes all the time as I feel the same way!