Wednesday, July 28, 2010

{Portraiture} Stefanie & Axl

This was a fabulously enjoyable session. Stef and I used to work together several years ago and even lived together for a while when my husband and I were dating. Lots of good times together, that's for sure - dare I say we were a bit of a trouble-making pair at work? No, I probably shouldn't say that.

She chose to meet at Derby Reach, which I loved since it's a beautiful area and has perfect evening light. The other things I loved about this session were that I had no time restraints (a bit of a rarity), was photographing just one person, that said person was not Caucasian, and I got to photograph her dog, Axl, too.

I loved doing this session and I would say that it has been my best one to date in terms of it turning out how I wanted it to. Stef, I hope you like these as much as I do - thanks for letting me photograph you!

Coutinho wm-50

Coutinho wm-47

Coutinho wm-29

Coutinho wm-51

Coutinho wm-43

Coutinho wm-40

Coutinho wm-38

Coutinho wm-21

Coutinho wm-28

Coutinho wm-33

{I didn't notice this until I was editing, but the print on the bottom of Stef's shoes looks like dog bones...pretty fitting!}
Coutinho wm-14

Coutinho wm-13

{I'm pretty sure Stef has told me before that Axl is part wolf. If that's not true, he sure looks like he is!}
Coutinho wm-7

{Stef has the best laugh}
Coutinho wm-1

Coutinho wm-97

Coutinho wm-90

Coutinho wm-87

Coutinho wm-81


Coutinho wm-78 Coutinho wm-77

Coutinho wm-76

Coutinho wm-66

4 comments:

S. said...

Kelly, you did amazing! I knew you'd blow me away. Turned out better than I expected! Thanks for capturing the moments with my pal. I can't wait to get them printed!

I'm so honoured that this was one of your most enjoyable shoots, and that I could add some "colour" and "canine" to your portfolio ;) Hope you're enjoying all the fabulous comments on my fb album!

ps your comment about being a trouble-making pair at work made me LOL! so funny in retrospect...

S. said...

hey i just saw your subtitles.

axl is NOT part wolf. that was a joke that i don't even remember! haha... but yes we get that a lot.

and those ARE bones on the soles of my shoes, which are the ROCKET DOG brand. i love rocket dog shoes! didn't even realize that as i wore them.

Carol said...

Fabulous photo shoot, Kelly. The second and third ones are favourites, but they are all so good!

Louise Chapman said...

Kelly, these are super fantastic! Way to get such a variety with just one person (and a beautiful dog). Great work!!!