Monday, December 13, 2010

{Family} Phil, Tara, Dax & Raina

I first met Tara through a playgroup at my church and while I'm not able to bring my kids there anymore, we still stay contacted through our blogs and Facebook. I was really excited about photographing this family and the weather was looking favorable. We met out on the Sumas flats and that should have prepared me, but somehow it didn't. It was sunny and cold...plus really windy! Hats off to this family, especially the kids, for putting up with the weather to get some shots done.

I did keep things fairly simple as the kids made it pretty clear they were not too thrilled with the cold wind (I do not blame them!), and I think the results are pretty good! I find that most kids really shine when they do their individual photos; like they know the spotlight is on them and they're ready to rock it. Dax and Rain were no different - boy are they cute!

Thanks to you four for meeting with me - perhaps next time we'll choose a warmer season :)

Volney-59

Volney-56

Volney-54

Volney-1

{Every boy's dream, right?}
Volney-48

Volney-45

Volney-69

Volney-40

Volney-39

Volney-36

Volney-33

{Gorgeous, right?}
Volney-75

Volney-30

Volney-26

{Such an awesome ride-on/in car. I love it when people bring props!}
Volney-24

Volney-23

{I love Raina's hair...not that I would have the slightest idea what to do with it, but it's pretty awesome!}
Volney-13

Volney-10

2 comments:

Carol said...

You got some great shots despite the cold weather! That second last one is a good one of Raina!

Anonymous said...

Great shots Kelly! I really like the close up of the little girl. I think it is the way she is looking up that is so cute!